How To Make Roast Carrot Hummus with Sesame Seeds, Sumac & Fresh Herbs
We think you will find the combinations of flavours in this hummus delightful, the natural nutty flavour our cold pressed extra virgin rapeseed oil brings everything together making a delicious dip!
- 400 – 500g carrots, peeled, sliced in ½ & chopped into 2 cm slices
- 2 T The Good Oil Rapeseed oil
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 T The Good Oil Rapeseed oil
- 3 T tahini
- 3 T lemon juice
- 2 T water
- 2 T sesame seeds
- 1 tsp sumac
- 2 T picked herbs, such as mint & parsley
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- Toss the carrots with oil, cumin seeds, maple syrup, and salt in a roasting pan. Roast at 180°C for 35 – 45 minutes or until the carrots are tender.
- Scrape the carrots into a blender, making sure you include all the cumin seeds and rapeseed oil from the roasting pan. Add the chickpeas, rapeseed oil, tahini, lemon juice, and water. Blend until smooth. Season to taste.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a dry fry pan until golden. Mix with the sumac.
- Spread the hummus onto a serving plate, and sprinkle over some of the sesame sumac mix. Top with herbs and pomegranate seeds.
Serve with freshly toasted pita.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.