How To Make Chicken & Vegetable Pasta
This pasta dish is a flavourful and hearty meal made with penne pasta, boneless chicken breasts, and a variety of vegetables. The vegetables, including onion, garlic, carrot, celery, and red capsicum, are cooked with canned chopped tomatoes, dried oregano, and thyme to create a rich and savory sauce. The dish is finished with chopped spinach and grated Parmesan cheese, adding a fresh and tangy taste to the mix. The result is a delicious pasta dish that’s sure to satisfy your taste buds.
- 200 g penne pasta
- 1 tbsp The Good Oil Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 200 g chicken breasts (boneless, skin off) cut into 2cm cubes
- ½ onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- ½ carrot diced
- ½ celery stalk finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum diced
- ½ × 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- ¼ C chicken stock
- ⅛ tsp dried oregano
- ⅛ tsp dried thyme
- 125 g spinach chopped (can use frozen)
- ¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, according to packet instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot and celery to the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the capsicum to the pan along with the tomatoes, chicken stock, oregano, thyme, spinach and chicken. Simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the chicken cooked through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan and toss to combine.
- Serve the pasta in shallow bowls, topped with grated Parmesan cheese.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.