These beautiful, golden croutons are easy to make at home and add texture and flavour to your salads, perfect for a Caesar salad! All you need is half a loaf of stale bread, The Good Oil and salt & pepper.
- ½ loaf slightly stale bread – ciabatta, French stick, sourdough etc
- ½ cup The Good Oil
- 2 tsp lemon pepper seasoning
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- Use a bread knife to cut bread into 1-2cm sized cubes or tear for a more rustic crouton. Place bread on prepared tray and drizzle with The Good Oil.
- Toss until well coated and season with salt & pepper. Arrange bread in a single layer so pieces are not overlapping or touching. Bake for 5 minutes then remove tray and toss or stir.
- Return to oven and bake for a further 5 minutes or until golden & crispy. Keep an eye on them as every oven is different, they may need another 5 minutes or so.
- When croutons are cooked to your liking, remove from the oven and leave to cool on a tray. Add croutons to our Caesar salad or your favourite salad recipe. If not using right away, store for a few days in an airtight container.
Serve in conjunction with our Caesar salad.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.