How To Make Fresh Green Herb Mayonnaise
The herbs, garlic and onion in this herb filled mayo, balance out the flavours of The Good Oil Sunflower Oil nicely. Choose the herbs depending on what you have on hand.
This mayo can be used as a dip for vegetables or flatbreads, or over roast vegetables, in sandwiches, or as a salad dressing. This is the perfect condiment to have in the fridge over the summer.
- 2 cups herbs – use soft herbs like mint, parsley, basil, coriander, dill, tarragon
- 2 eggs
- 4 T (60ml) white wine vinegar
- 1 – 2 tsp salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ onion or 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (500ml) The Good Oil Sunflower Oil
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Using a food processor or stick blender combine the herbs with the eggs, vinegar, salt, garlic and onion until the finely chopped.
- With the blender running, slowly add the oil until thick and emulsified. Season to taste. Pour into jars and keep in the fridge. Keeps well for about 2 weeks.
- We served ours with baby vegetables and toasted flatbread.
Makes about 2.5 cups – If that’s too much for you, gift some to a neighbour or friend.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.