How To Make Halloumi with Pomegranate & Pineapple Salsa
Yum, this delicious recipe is for all the cheese lovers out there! It makes an impressive appetiser when having friends around and incorporates both The Good Oil NZ High Oleic Sunflower Oil and Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil!
- 1 pomegranate or 1 packet of pomegranate arils
- 3 tbsp dried pineapple, diced
- 1 lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp The Good Oil High Oleic Sunflower Oil
- Pinch of salt
- Grind of fresh black pepper
Ingredients (Pistachio & Sumac Dukkah)
- 1 ½ tbsp sesame seeds, black or white or both
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ground sumac
- 250g halloumi, sliced 1cm
- 1 tbsp The Good Oil Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil
- 3 tbsp Dukkah
- Remove seeds from the pomegranate. Tip: roll fruit around to loosen seeds. Cut in half. Hold each half over a bowl with seeds facing down. Tap the skin with a wooden spoon while squeezing. The seeds should start to fall into the bowl below, with the juice. Remove any white pith and discard.
- Add all other salsa ingredients to the bowl with the pomegranate arils/seeds and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Toss on prepared tray with a good drizzle of The Good Oil until well coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden and crispy. Turn once during cooking.
Method (Pistachio & Sumac Dukkah)
- (Or use your favourite store bought Dukkah)
- Heat a dry frying pan over a medium to high heat. Add pistachios, cumin seeds and sesame seeds and toast, stirring often for 2-3 minutes, until golden and toasted. Remove from pan and allow to cool, then toss with sumac and season with salt & pepper.
- Coat each piece of halloumi with NZ Extra Virgin Rapeseed Oil then sprinkle with dukkah and press to stick.
- Heat oil in a fry-pan on medium heat and cook halloumi for 1-2 minutes each side until golden.
- Serve halloumi topped with pomegranate salsa and enjoy.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.