How To Make Roast Vege Pie with an Easy Good Oil Pastry
We know how much you all love roasting your vegies in The Good Oil for that natural golden coating and crisping, so be sure try our roast veg quiche. Use The Good Oil for perfect pastry too!
- 150g smoked salmon pieces
- 12 small asparagus spears (if large cut in two).
- 2 medium onions finely sliced
- 4 tbsp The Good Oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup cream
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs (e.g. dill) optional
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- ¾ cup plain flour
- ¼ cup The Good Oil
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- Pinch of salt – optional
- In blender, or by hand, mix water and The Good Oil into flour until just combined. Wrap in cling film and chill for 1-2 hours.
- Heat 2 tbsp of The Good Oil in pan, add onions and a pinch of salt. Cook gently until well softened and golden. Add balsamic and cook for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Coat asparagus in 2 tbsp of the The Good Oil. Cook gently in a pan for about 5 minutes. Until just cooked but still with some crunch. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the pastry and line a 24cm loose bottom dish.
- Cover the base with onion and arrange asparagus evenly over the top. Cover with the salmon pieces.
- Beat eggs and cream, add herbs. Pour over the onions, asparagus and salmon.
- Cook at 180C for about 25 minutes, or until the top is brown and egg mix set.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.