How To Make Spaghetti Aglio E Olio with Parmesan Crumb
Simple but tasty, Aglio E Olio, perfect for lunch or a light dinner throughout the Autumn months. We love the vibrant golden colour The Good Oil brings to this dish!
- 2 Tbsp The Good Oil
- 1 cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- Zest of ½ Lemon
- ¼ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
Ingredients (Aglio E Olio)
- 400g spaghetti
- ⅓ cup The Good Oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 4-6 cloves garlic, minced or thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Heat 2 Tbsp of The Good Oil in a fry-pan on medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and toast for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently until golden. Transfer to a bowl or plate, allow to cool a little, then toss with lemon zest and Parmesan.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Add spaghetti to pot of boiling water and cook for 9-10 minutes, or according to packet instructions, until just tender.
- Reserve ⅓ cup pasta water then drain. Drizzle with a little bit of The Good Oil to prevent sticking.
- When pasta has cooked, heat ⅓ cup of The Good Oil in a large deep fry-pan or pot on medium heat. Add shallot and garlic and cook gently for 4-5 minutes, stirring often until soft and golden.
- Reduce heat if garlic starts to burn. Add cooked pasta and ⅓ cup pasta water to pan. Increase heat to high and toss constantly until sauce thickens and pasta is coated. Toss to combine and season to taste. Stir through parsley and lemon juice.
- Serve spaghetti topped with Parmesan breadcrumbs. Enjoy!
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.