How To Make An Orange Cake
Try our recipe for a delicious orange cake, we decided to take our new bake along to the Christchurch A&P show! Loved by many – highly recommended!
- 1 whole orange (we recommend a seedless NZ navel orange)
- 1 cup sugar
- 125g The Good Oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tsp baking flour
- ½ cup milk
- Wash the orange and cut into quarters.
- Remove any pips and place the flesh and peel into a food processor.
- Add sugar and process until smooth.
- Add The Good Oil along with the eggs and process to combine.
- Sift flour and baking powder and add to the processor with the milk.
- Pulse the processor to just combine.
- Pour batter into a baking paper lined 20cm square pan.
- Bake 180C for 35 minutes. Or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
Tastes even more delicious served with whipped cream which has had marmalade folded through it. Sweeten cream with a little sugar if required.
Share this recipe
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Recieve monthly updates on new recipes, promotions and prizes.
You can unsubscribe anytime.